Supporting people with their mental health
We are working with our mental health service provider Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust and other partners across health, social care and voluntary sectors to launch Right Care, Right Place.
Right Care, Right Place aims to work with service users and carers, local communities, partnership organisations and staff across those organisations to improve people’s experience of mental health services in Teesside, Durham and Darlington and North Yorkshire and York.
Right Care, Right Place aims to:
- Improve service user and carer experience
- Improve service user and carer wellbeing
- Provide support for people as early as possible
- Make services easier to access
- Improve physical healthcare for people being treated for their mental health
- Improve how the health, social care and the voluntary sectors work together
- Adapt to the wider changes taking place in health and social care
This will involve partners across the health, social care and voluntary sectors working together to improve what we do and to make sure that the services we deliver are fit for the future. You can also watch a short animation that tells you about Right Care Right Place here.
Right Care, Right Place is an opportunity to do things differently and to improve the care and support offered for those experiencing mental health difficulties. It really is about providing the right care, in the right place at the right time.