'Keep Calm and Be Kind' - Not in a days work
The NHS in the Vale of York continues to take a zero tolerance approach to abuse and aggression towards our staff and our patients.
We live in a great place, known for friendly people and strong communities. The majority of people who need support from NHS staff do so in a respectful way that helps us create a safe environment for all. Sadly, there are a very small number of people who can be abusive towards our staff and our patients.
We are zero tolerance
Dealing with people who are abusive or aggressive towards our staff and our patients, takes us away from caring for you. We will investigate any incidents that are reported to us, this could result in action being taken by the police.
We have the right to refuse treatment and take further action against anyone who threatens the safety of our staff and our patients.
Help us focus on caring for you, share this message with others #NotInADaysWork
Resources for NHS organisations
With thanks to NHS Leeds Clinical Commissioning Group, you can download the social media plan to help support the campaign.
Artwork files for NHS organisations
We’re very happy for our colleagues at NHS organisations, or those contracted to provide NHS services, to download and use our resources. You can download the following zip folders which include PDFs and jpegs:
- A5 flyer
- Plasma screens (static images for screens):
– Set one
– Set two
– Set three
- Social media
- Local NHS in North Yorkshire and York says ‘thank you’ to patients as doctors’ surgeries continue to deliver high numbers of appointments
- COVID-safe measures to continue in GP practices and other healthcare settings in North Yorkshire and York
- Leading GP highlights risks posed by ‘tsunami’ of demand for appointments and abuse of practice staff
- Please be patient and choose the right care’: doctors ask for support as demand for GP appointments increases
- GP Practices in North Yorkshire ask for patience, with surgeries seeing high demand for appointments
Keep Calm and Be Kind - resources
We've continued to develop the Keep Calm and Be Kind messages and we now have a number of resources, together with key messages, available for practices to use and customise.
Click here for the full toolkit, which includes the original source artwork you can edit with your own practice information, should you wish.
If there are editable versions of these resources you would like to see, that are not in the toolkit, please email email@example.com