Digital Care Telemedicine Service for Care Homes
As part of a system response to significant challenges faced by the Health and Social Care sector, the NHS Vale of York CCG have offered a fully funded 24/7 digital care telemedicine service to our older adults care homes. 'Immedicare' has been commissioned to compliment the current support offered by the system and offers an alternative method for care home staff in accessing timely advice and intervention for residents At present 48 nursing and residential homes within the Vale of York are utilising the service.
The service is a partnership between Airedale NHS Foundation Trust, and technology partner Involve. This service is currently supporting several hundred residential care and nursing homes throughout the UK, which uses secure video conferencing technology to connect care homes directly to an experienced NHS clinical support team based in a specialist Digital Care Hub; located at Airedale NHS Foundation Trust. Benefits the service is intended to deliver for care homes are:
- Provide early intervention to reduce time to treatment for residents.
- Allow access to expert clinical advice and support for staff at any time.
- Full access to clinical records by clinical staff to provide a comprehensive clinical assessment and ongoing monitoring.
- Keeping residents in familiar surroundings to help reduce anxiety and support living well.
- Service fully integrated into local health and social care system, allowing the service them to make a referral onwards to other services where required The service has clinical responsibility for a resident until case closed or referred on a local healthcare professional.
Homes are encouraged to contact the service for any residents they have concerns about, the service is able to assist with a wide range of conditions including for example:
- Medication advice
- Suspected infections
- Abdominal pain
- Pain management
- General deterioration
- Swallowing difficulties
- Behavioural issues
- Seizures and drowsiness
- Verification of expected death
The service also offers training and clinical supervision for staff.
For any queries regarding the service please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. A set of resources are below which provide further information and designed for care homes, families and carers, and staff from health services working with homes.
- Think Immedicare Poster for Care Homes
- Care Home Manager Service Overview
- Care Home User Guide
- Family and Residents Leaflet
- Immedicare or Own GP Flowchart
- Immedicare Call Flow (For Health Staff)
- Verification of Expected Death Pathway
- Care Homes- Options for Clinical Support
The following link will take you to the Immedicare website for further information; https://immedicare.co.uk/