The Referral Support Service (RSS) is a local service working on behalf of NHS Humber and North Yorkshire ICB.
The aim of the RSS is to get patients the right care, at the right time, in the right place, first time.
Processing referrals - what we need from you.
To help us process referrals efficiently, we need GPs to provide following information:
- Up to date patient information, including a daytime telephone number with the area code and/or mobile telephone number if applicable
- The primary reason for referral, including clear referral instructions
- Record of BMI and Smoking Status
- Previous relevant medical history and any recent investigations
- 3rd party consent if applicable
We need all relevant documents to be attached at the time of referring into the Referral Support Service. Without this we cannot process the referral.
Where to Refer - for a list of referral routes into Secondary Care by Speciality and Clinic click here
Follow the links below to discover more:
For Referral Support Service Useful Information - currently under review
For a copy of the RSS patient factsheet - click here
RSS Process/Policy Change Implementation - published September 2017
For the ACCENDA ICG Triage Response Guide - under review
How to contact the Referral Support Service
Referral Support Service,
NHS Humber and North Yorkshire ICB
Phone: 0300 303 8676
NHS Vale of York CCG Referral Support Service would like to acknowledge NHS Kernow CCG, from whom inspiration for this RSS web tool came from.