Wheelchair Service User Forum
We host a Wheelchair Service User Forum covering service users within NHS Vale of York CCG and the three North Yorkshire CCGs.
The forum provides a unique opportunity for people to share their experiences with other service users, clinicians, commissioners and the providers; NRS healthcare. We are committed to use this forum to involve service users in the monitoring of the contracts and service improvements in the future.
Next forum: Tuesday 5 May 2020
Last forum: Tuesday 5 November 2019
- Time :1.30pm – 4.30pm
- Location:Priory Street Centre,15 Priory Street, York, YO1 6ET
- Poster for display
Aim of the forum
- Provide an update about services and personal wheelchair budgets
- Give attendees the opportunity to provide feedback
- Look at future ways of monitoring of service delivery and quality improvements
- Inform contract management and future commissioning intentions
Documents from the forum
- Agenda– 5 November 2019
- Meeting notes and actions 5 November 2019: You can read what was said, and how providers and commissioners will respond to feedback
- Presentations from the day
You said, we are doing
Following on from the wheelchair service user forum we held on 5 November 2019 in York, we have provided an update about the actions we said we (The Clinical Commissioning Group and the provider NRS Healthcare) would take forward. You said, we are doing (March 2020).
Summary of the meeting
The aim of the meeting was to provide an update about services and personal wheelchair budgets, and to give attendees the opportunity to give feedback to the providers of services. 28 people attended including service users, staff, clinicians, voluntary organisations, NRS Healthcare and commissioners.
Listening directly to feedback from services users was very powerful. Following a very rich discussion commissioners and providers have committed to working together to provide feedback on a number of key themes that were raised at the meeting. This includes reviews of equipment, clarity around personal health budgets, provision of community assessments and ensuring users get the right equipment first time. You can read what was said, and how providers and commissioners will respond to feedback by clicking here.
If you need to contact us or would like to join the forum:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone:01904 555 870
- Write: NHS Vale of York CCG, West Offices, Station Rise, York