Wheelchair Service User Forum
We host a Wheelchair Service User Forum covering service users within NHS Vale of York and North Yorkshire CCGs.
The forum provides a unique opportunity for people to share their experiences with other service users, clinicians, commissioners and the providers; NRS healthcare. We are committed to use this forum to involve service users in the monitoring of the contracts and service improvements in the future.
- Tuesday 23 Febuary 2021: 2.30-4pm (online)
- Wednesday 19 May 2021: 2-3.30pm (online)
- Monday 18 October 2021: 2-3.30pm (online)
If you would like to attend, please email: email@example.com
- Tuesday 22 September 2020 - 1.30-3pm (online)
- Tuesday 5 May 2020: 2-3.30pm (online)
- Tuesday 5 November 2019: 1.30-4pm ,Priory Street Centre,15 Priory Street, York, YO1 6ET
Aim of the forum
- Provide an update about services and personal wheelchair budgets
- Give attendees the opportunity to provide feedback
- Look at future ways of monitoring of service delivery and quality improvements
- Inform contract management and future commissioning intentions
Documents from the forum
Notes and presentations
- September 2020: Presentation from NRS about clinical reviews
- September 2020: Presentation from NRS about service user feedback
- May 2020: Presentation
- Meeting notes and actions 5 November 2019: You can read what was said, and how providers and commissioners will respond to feedback
- November 2019: Presentations from the day
You said, we are doing
As part of the wheelchair service user forum, we have provided an update about the actions we said we (The Clinical Commissioning Group and the provider NRS Healthcare) would take forward.
Summary of the initial Wheelchair Service User forum in November 2019
The aim of the meeting was to provide an update about services and personal wheelchair budgets, and to give attendees the opportunity to give feedback to the providers of services. 28 people attended including service users, staff, clinicians, voluntary organisations, NRS Healthcare and commissioners.
Listening directly to feedback from services users was very powerful. Following a very rich discussion commissioners and providers committed to hold regular forums and work together to provide feedback on a number of key themes that were raised at the meeting. This included reviews of equipment, clarity around personal health budgets, provision of community assessments and ensuring users get the right equipment first time. You can read what was said, and how providers and commissioners will respond to feedback by clicking here.
These themes have continued to be addressed at future meetings, and we have provided the changes that have been made to services as a direct result of patient feedback.
If you need to contact us or would like to join the forum:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone:01904 555 870
- Write: NHS Vale of York CCG, West Offices, Station Rise, York