Prevention & Healthy Living
- Humber, Coast and Vale Diabetes Prevention Programme
- HCV ICS list of Self-management patient resources
- NHS Healthy Ageing Guide
- NYCC Health and Wellbeing
- NYCC Living Well - reducing loneliness and isolation
- NHS Screening Programmes
- NYCC Smokefreelife Service
- Support for losing weight
- Smoking Cessation Support - Local Authorities Support
- CYC Health Trainers
Alcohol – brief intervention
- Alcohol screening questionnaire (Audit C)
- Alcohol structured advice tool
- UK alcohol unit guidance
- What is an alcohol unit?
- CYC Health Trainers
Changing Habits Service - support around drinking
Changing Habits is a service for people who have started to develop unhealthy drinking habits or whose alcohol consumption may be causing health or relationship problems. We offer help for your patient to change unhelpful drinking patterns and build new ways of coping with life's challenges. We envisage that most Changing Habits clients will have scores of 10-18 from a full AUDIT [AUDIT], but we will ensure that your patients get to the right service, whatever level of support they need, and can introduce them to York Health Trainers or York Drug and Alcohol Service if that is more appropriate for them.
Or for more information on the service, please contact the team: 01904 621776 or email@example.com.
- Changing Habits - Leaflet for Patients
- Changing Habits - Poster for Primary Care Staff
- Changing Habits Referral Form
- Weight Management Programme
- Weight Management Options Map
- iTravel York
- NHS Digital Weight Management Programme
CYC Health Trainers and Healthwise
City of York Council’s CYC Health Trainers service is all about helping residents live a happier healthier life.
Working with communities the CYC Health Trainers service will:
- Provide advice and support on lifestyle factors such as healthy eating, exercise, alcohol and smoking
- Encourage positive lifestyle and behaviour changes
- Work to improve the health and wellbeing of York residents
- Work to reduce health inequalities across the city.
The services on offer include:
- Healthy eating advice and weight management
- Finding new ways to be more active
- Quitting smoking
- Reducing your alcohol intake
- Helping you find groups and activities to get back out in the community
For more information on the service and to take your online health check visit www.york.gov.uk/CYCHealthTrainers or call the CYC Health Trainers team on 01904 553 377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CYC Health Trainer leaflet
- CYC Health Trainer referral form
- CYC Health Trainer general poster
- CYC Health Trainer stop smoking poster
- Weight Management Toolkit - Lets Talk About Weight - Step-by-step Guide
Exercise Referral Scheme
From 1st July 2018 the exercise referral programme in York will cease to be operated by City of York Council’s YorWellbeing service. Management of the programme will be taken over by Better.
The new service will be called HealthWise and will work in much the same way as the current programme, offering gym and community-based specialist instructor classes throughout the city.
From 1st July onwards, referrals should be directed to HealthWise by email using the address email@example.com.
Healthcare professionals will need to register to refer into HealthWise, even if they are already registered with the YorWellbeing exercise referral programme. You can find the registration form and referral protocol here on the HealthWise York web page.
Please visit the Healthwise Physical Activity Referral Scheme website for more information.
Local Authorities' Wellbeing Services
- City of York Council - 'Better - Healthwise: Physical Activity GP Referral Scheme' / CYC Health Trainers
- North Yorkshire County Council - 'Living Well in North Yorkshire'
- East Riding of Yorkshire - 'Healthtrainer service'