Updated on 21 Aug, 2018
Our organisation is made up of member GP practices. We are an NHS organisation led by clinicians who understand the needs of the community and the impact that local services have on patients' health.
We serve a population of more than 350,000 people in York, Selby, Tadcaster, Easingwold and Pocklington and the surrounding towns, villages and rural areas across the Vale of York.
We are responsible for the monitoring of commissioned healthcare and the planning and design of many of the health services. Our main areas of responsibility are:
- Planned hospital care
- Urgent and emergency care
- Rehabilitation care
- Community health services
- Mental health and learning disability services
Our vision is built upon the views of the local community
Our Integrated Operational Plan 2014-19 is helping us to commission services that deliver services so that everyone in the community can access the very best in health and wellbeing. The plan is our vision for the next five years, so that by 2019 we have:
- a user centred health and social care service;
- engaged communities that support improved health;
- a community that provides feedback on local services and local people are aware that their views will be listened to.
Primary Care Commissioning
In April 2015, we took on the responsibility for commissioning the majority of local GP services. The potential benefits of co-commissioning for the public and patients include:
- improved access to primary care and wider out-of-hospitals services, with more services available closer to home;
- high quality out-of-hospitals care;
- improved health outcomes, equity of access, reduced inequalities;
- a better patient experience through more joined up services.
Click here to read more about Primary Care Commissioning in the Vale of York.
Local authority partners at City of York Council, North Yorkshire County Council and East Riding of Yorkshire Council are responsible for public health in the Vale of York. The CCG works closely with the public health teams.
Noticed an error or broken link? Please let us know