NHS Vale of York CCG do not routinely commission Abdominoplasty / Apronectomy or removal of excessive skin from other areas of the body.
Minimum requirements for requests for body contouring following bariatric surgery would be:
- Starting BMI above 40 ( or above 35 with co-morbidities) AND
- Current BMI of less than or equal to 28.0 AND
- At least 24 months since surgery AND
- Weight stability of at least 12 months AND
- Significant functional disturbance
(This includes severe intertrigo, disability, and evidence of significant interference with activities of daily life)
In addition, there should be exceptional clinical circumstances.
The clinician needs to submit an application to the CCG's Individual Funding Request Panel (IFR).
To submit an application to the CCG's Individual Funding Request Panel, please click here for further information.
Please click here to view the full Abdominoplasty/Apronectomy Commissioning Statement.
|Policy date: August 2016||Next Review date: August 2018|
|©NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group|