Procedures Not Routinely Commissioned
No formal referral letter is required for Procedures Not Routinely Commissioned (formerly POLCV) referrals where there are referral criteria and a referral form in place. Simply send in the form associated with each condition that is on this site and please attach a patient summary to include:
• Recent consultation relevant to referral.
• Current active medical problems, medications, allergies, BP, BMI, Smoking status.
If a procedure is not routinely commissioned and does not have referral criteria in place, doctors, on behalf of patients, should make an application to the Individual Funding Request (IFR) Panel. Please see the information below on how to submit a request to the IFR team.
- Commissioning Statements on Procedures Not Routinely Commissioned
- Optimising Outcomes from All Elective Surgery (BMI and Smoking Threshold)
- IFR Policy and Procedures
- eIFR User Guide
- eIFR Training Video
- IFR information for patients