Yorwellbeing and Healthwise
City of York Council’s YorWellbeing service is all about helping residents live a happier healthier life.
Working with communities the YorWellbeing service will:
- provide advice and support on lifestyle factors such as healthy eating, exercise, alcohol and smoking
- encourage positive lifestyle and behaviour changes
- work to improve the health and wellbeing of York residents
- work to reduce health inequalities across the city.
The services on offer include:
- Stop smoking support
- Free health checks
- GP Practice Managers Letter
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Free Health Checks Poster
- Weight Management Toolkit - Lets Talk About Weight - Step-by-step Guide
Exercise Referral Scheme
From 1st July 2018 the exercise referral programme in York will cease to be operated by City of York Council’s YorWellbeing service. Management of the programme will be taken over by Better.
The new service will be called HealthWise and will work in much the same way as the current programme, offering gym and community-based specialist instructor classes throughout the city.
From 1st July onwards, referrals should be directed to HealthWise by email using the address email@example.com.
Healthcare professionals will need to register to refer into HealthWise, even if they are already registered with the YorWellbeing exercise referral programme. You can find the registration form and referral protocol here on the HealthWise York web page.
Please visit the Healthwise Physical Activity Referral Scheme website for more information.