CYC Health Trainers and Healthwise
City of York Council’s CYC Health Trainers service is all about helping residents live a happier healthier life.
Working with communities the CYC Health Trainers service will:
- Provide advice and support on lifestyle factors such as healthy eating, exercise, alcohol and smoking
- Encourage positive lifestyle and behaviour changes
- Work to improve the health and wellbeing of York residents
- Work to reduce health inequalities across the city.
The services on offer include:
- Healthy eating advice and weight management
- Finding new ways to be more active
- Quitting smoking
- Reducing your alcohol intake
- Helping you find groups and activities to get back out in the community
For more information on the service and to take your online health check visit www.york.gov.uk/CYCHealthTrainers or call the CYC Health Trainers team on 01904 553 377 or email email@example.com.
- CYC Health Trainer leaflet
- CYC Health Trainer referral form
- CYC Health Trainer general poster
- CYC Health Trainer stop smoking poster
- Weight Management Toolkit - Lets Talk About Weight - Step-by-step Guide
Exercise Referral Scheme
From 1st July 2018 the exercise referral programme in York will cease to be operated by City of York Council’s YorWellbeing service. Management of the programme will be taken over by Better.
The new service will be called HealthWise and will work in much the same way as the current programme, offering gym and community-based specialist instructor classes throughout the city.
From 1st July onwards, referrals should be directed to HealthWise by email using the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Healthcare professionals will need to register to refer into HealthWise, even if they are already registered with the YorWellbeing exercise referral programme. You can find the registration form and referral protocol here on the HealthWise York web page.
Please visit the Healthwise Physical Activity Referral Scheme website for more information.