View navigation

We are now part of the Humber and North Yorkshire Health and Care Partnership. Click here for more info.

Registering Prescribers

Registering new prescribers or making amendments to existing ones.


For NMPs

Practice managers should complete the appropriate Non-Medical Prescriber form which can be found HERE. Send the completed form to the Vale of York CCG Medicines Management Team via the rxline email address ( The MMT will authorise the forms and inform the PPD at NHS Business Services Authority (BSA), on the practice/CCGs behalf.


For GPs

Where a GP is moving practices, initially the GP should update their profile on the National Performers List to add their new practice's details. Instructions on how to do this can be found on the PCSE website HERE.

The change of practice details on the GP's profile should prompt an email to the practice manager of their new practice from PCSE. The email should direct the practice manager to PCSE Online to approve the practice change. Instructions for practice managers can be found on the PCSE website HERE.

Once this process has been completed, PCSE will inform the NHS BSA of the change to ensure the GP's prescribing is attributed to their new practice. 


PCSE can be contacted on 0333 0142884 or via the online contact form HERE for advice.   


Before registering a new GP for the first time practices will be required to obtain a DIN from PCSE and request the new GP is added to the National Performers List (NPL). For information and guidance on applying to join the NPL for the first time visit -


More information and advice for GPs and practices on this subject can be found on the PCSE website HERE but if any of the above is not clear and you require any further guidance on this matter then please contact a representative of the medicines management team.