Repeat Medicines Ordering Toolkit
The NHS Vale of York CCG is rolling out a project to change the way repeat medicines are ordered. From the 1st of September 2019, GPs will no longer be accepting repeat prescription requests from dispensing/appliance contractors such as a community pharmacy.
The purpose of our project is to encourage patients to take responsibility of ordering their own medication. The intended effect of this change is to reduce the risk of errors and reduce the number of unwanted medicines being received by patients.
Guidance and Resources
- GP Guidance - Assisted Patients
- Pharmacy Guidance - Assisted Patients
- How You Order a Repeat Prescription is Changing - A4 Poster
- Easy Read Patient Information Leaflet - Repeat Prescriptions
- Patient Information Leaflet - Repeat Prescriptions
- Changes to Repeat Prescription Ordering - GP Practice Information
- Frequently Asked Questions