City of York Council’s YorWellbeing service is all about helping residents live a happier healthier life.
Our new website is live and will give all residents the opportunity to find out their health risks by taking a simple online quiz at www.yorwellbeing.org.uk.Those who are found to be at increased risk of preventable health conditions will be invited to a health check with our team.
The new service incorporates the previous range of pubic health services that were previously delivered and commissioned by the City of York Council, including the sport and active leisure service, smoking cessation service, HEAL programme and health checks.
As well as delivering health checks in West Offices we also provide them in community venues across the city.
There are many things which affect how healthy and well a person is. These include lifestyle factors such as healthy eating, exercise, alcohol and smoking.
Working with communities the YorWellbeing service will:
- provide advice and support on lifestyle factors such as healthy eating, exercise, alcohol and smoking
- encourage positive lifestyle and behaviour changes
- work to improve the health and wellbeing of York residents
- work to reduce health inequalities across the city.
- GP Practice Managers Letter
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Free Health Checks Poster
- Weight Management Toolkit - Lets Talk About Weight - Step-by-step Guide