The hospital are struggling with 2WW referrals in some specialties and we have therefore decided that 2WW forms should be updated to have this message on them:
Referrers: If your patient does not meet any of the NICE defined 2WW criteria please liaise (by phone or Advice and Guidance) with a specialist or send them in as an urgent referral. Please do not annotate 2WW forms with your own criteria.
The criteria are chosen regionally by specialists and GPs to help optimise the early diagnosis of cancer. Varying the criteria risks overwhelming clinics and preventing patients who are more likely to have cancer being seen within two weeks.
The RSS staff have been asked not to accept annotated 2WW forms and to ask referrers to follow this guidance.
- Early Diagnosis/ 2WW
- Metastatic Spinal Cord Compression Pathway
- Treatment & Follow-up
- Palliative & End of Life Care
- Acute Oncology Nursing Advice Service
- City of York Council - 'YorWellbeing Exercise Referral Programme'
- Selby and Tadcaster - 'Move It Lose It'
- Ryedale District Council - 'Everyone Active'
- Hambleton District Council - 'Take That Step'
- East Riding of Yorkshire - 'Healthtrainer service' and 'Exercise Referral Scheme'